Tony Moly I'm Real (almost) All Mask Review (Complete)

Over the past few weeks I bought a bundle of 10 aloe tonymoly masks and 5 lemon masks. This week my boyfriend also bought a carbon monoxide tester on amazon and picked up the 11 mask bundle of every tonymoly mask for me to try as well. I didn't expect to be doing a cross comparison review of these guys so quickly, but since I have the masks I am excited to give them all a try! I've listed the masks in order of how excited I am to use them. Basically, I have a preconceived notion about which ones are best suited for me. So, I want to try those masks first so if I'm running low in the end I'll have a better shot of getting my favorite masks ordered online.


 Image result for tonymoly 11 mask

 Image result for water based essence, micro emulsion, milky lotion type

1) Aloe

I thought the aloe sheet mask might be the be-all and end-all for a sheet mask for me. The #1 thing I am looking out of sheet mask is hydration and this one is touted as the most moisturizing on the official website. I have a lot of experience with this one, having used it 4 times already. The mask uses a water based essence and it's extremely drippy and the sheet is just soaked with fluid. It smells like a generic clean women's cologne. I feel neutral about the scent, if I scented it myself I would have liked it to smell like a grape-y aloe drink. It feels good on your face and is cooling, probably in part that the mask is just extremely wet. After using this my face feels squishy, and I think it is pretty darn hydrating. However, something I don't like about this mask is how sticky the dry down of the essence is. And since it is so drippy like I said, the essence goes everywhere as far as down my boobs leaving sticky trails. Overall, I think this mask is best suited for my skin on hot summer months when I'm prone to dehydration from sun exposure. I like this mask even though it's messy, and it's great for hydration!

2) Lemon

As someone who has dull skin and a history with acne anything brightening is usually a win for me. I love fresh lemon, and when I saw this mask I think I was the most excited to try this one. I've used this mask twice so far. The mask is also a water type essence, and smells more like a light lemon cleaner cologne than real lemons (sadly). It does an alright job hydrating, although admittedly not as hydrating as the aloe mask. It's less drippy than aloe and only just a little bit sticky. I've used this mask twice and after both times I caught myself admiring my face in the mirror. This mask does do a nice glow for the skin, I only wish it was a little bit more hydrating.

3) Avocado


Since first reading reviews for the tonymoly masks I noticed Avocado was a fast favorite. Fans claimed it to be the REAL most moisturizing of the bunch (not aloe). I really like aloe already, but was excited to see if this was even better. This is the first milky lotion mask I've tried and it's pretty different from the water type. I actually really do like the water type because I find it refreshing, but I have to say the milky ones feel so much more luxurious and rich. The scent of the avocado mask reminded me of the avocado & oatmeal freeman beauty mask, but like in a cleaner smelling version. The scent is kind of powdery, clean, and smells just a tiny bit like avocado. The mask was super duper hydrating, and the milky lotion became a rich cream on my skin when I was done. I can feel this stuff deep in my pores and it's summertime now and unfortunately this is too rich and feels heavy. It's funny how I was hoping this was strong enough to find out it that's it is too strong for my combination skin. I didn't get much of a glow off this one as I did the lemon, and my face doesn't feel squishy like aloe. It feels like my face when I wake up in the morning with my moisturizer soaked in and I'm feeling kind of greasy. Before bed I noticed 2 little pimples on my chin, and I woke up this morning to find a pimple in the corner of my nose, and 4 on my cheeks. That is a lot of pimples for me. This mask is too rich for combination skin and caused me to break out, no way would I buy it again. 

4) Rice

After how the avocado mask went down, frankly I was not too excited to put another milky lotion type mask on my face. Much to my relief this was WAY more watery than avocado, it almost seemed like a different mask type it was so different. It smells like a Nivea kind of lotion, it's a bit nutty but not obviously a rice scent. The experience was a nice cross between a water mask and the avocado mask. It was creamy, refreshing, but didn't feel too heavy. Afterwards my skin look refreshed with a nice glow and my skin felt cool and soothed. I've read that the rice mask is recommended for sensitive skin types. The morning after my makeup seemed to go on extra well. I can't think of one bad thing to say about this mask except for that my mask seemed to rip more easily than other masks. Overall, I think I would most use this in winter months for a moisturizing treat. Soothing and all around pleasant experience, would use the rice one again.

5) Tea Tree

As someone who used to suffer from acne, this is a mask I can really appreciate. Usually when I think of treating acne I think of drying up your skin, but this mask lightly hydrates (maybe a little less than lemon) while clarifying your skin. The mask smells just like tea tree oil (surprised me I was expecting some kind of cologne smell again) which I feel neutral about. The consistency of the serum is my very favorite so far, it is a water mask but it's more gel like in this one. I got a nice warming/ a little burn which told me that our tea tree friend was doing it's job sanitizing my skin.  I didn't have any pimples to see how it worked on, but I noticed it burned more in one little spot which made me wonder if something was spawning there. Afterwards my skin did feel soothed (like the packaging claims), my skin tone looked very even, and I even though I wasn't dry I felt super clean. My skin feels like it was mattified and toned. I like this mask for acne purposes, but have to admit when it was all said and done it didn't hydrate as much as I want. Another weird thing about it was that it felt a little greasy on the skin afterwards which I didn't like (maybe from oil?). Overall, this is mask suited for those with combo/oily/acne prone skin who are experiencing a break out. I think I'll keep these on hand for that occasional pimple or when I really feel like a grease ball but it's not a clay day. Perfect to have for clean/sanitized skin without over drying. Wish it was more hydrating though, would buy again for breakouts.

6) Broccoli

If you saw this mask and thought "gross", you're not alone. I have to say though, broccoli is my bland little unsung hero. Opening it's off-putting packaging, I was greeted with an extremely boring soapy smell. Like a generic mall bathroom scent, as unimaginative as it gets. This is my first emulsion type mask, and I found it pretty much the same as the water type to the point where I was having trouble finding much difference. Maybe it's a little bit more gel like? But the tea tree mask was gel like and it was a water type. I have to say though, broccoli made a huge comeback after my low expectations. My skin loved this stuff, it was happy-happy. I got a nice glow and good hydration. Nothing felt too sticky, heavy, or greasy. It reminded me the most of my beloved lemon mask so far. I think I would really have to try them consequentially to note the differences best, but I think the main difference is that broccoli is more hydrating but lemon is more brightening. It's hard to say which one I love more, but they are my top 2 in the running. I got great results with the broccoli mask! One of my favorites.

7) Pomegranate

I was looking forward to this one when it rolled around, a water type mask and one of the best smelling masks according to other reviews. I opened the pack and viola! Pomegrante! Granted a clean light smelling pomegranate, but finally a sweet fruity smell amongst the mainly boring as hell scents of tonymoly masks. This mask was a water type and was drippy like aloe, but thankfully not nearly as sticky. My skin tingled a bit with this on. I know this is going to sound like BS, but I do believe this mask does give a strange temporary firming effect. After taking off the mask my skin felt tighter, but not in that "dry" way but just a little bit all around my face. It was a little weird/cool although I'm sure, also temporary. Other than that it did a decent job brightening but not the best, maybe on par with the aloe mask. I think it hydrated on par with the lemon mask. I did notice my skin pores may have been a bit smaller after using. I enjoyed the scent, but ultimately I don't think this will make it to my line up. I don't care about skin tightening effects at the point as much as I care about hydration/brightening. Interesting mask that did give me temporary skin tightening effects, a pass for now at the tender age of 25.


8) Makgeoli 

First off, hope I spelled this name right! Too lazy to look it up and the pictures I've posted are kinda hard to read I realize (sorry). I did go out of order for the masks, I was going to use Tomato last weekend, but decided to save it for the following weekend since it's my b-day weekend! (Rather have radiance then). I actually really like the smell of this one! It's a nutty, creamy, lotiony smell which I know sounds like rice, but this one was less powdery. It was nice on, I enjoyed the smell and the slight warming sensation. Afterwards my skin looked similar to when I applied the tea tree mask, my skin looked toned and a bit mattified. I did not get big moisture out of this one, about a 2/5. This mask was alright, and I thought this wouldn't do much for me in the first place since I'm not really looking for skin purification w/o a lot of moisture. Okay, thought the scent and warming effect was nice, but not what I'm looking for.

9) Seaweed

I admit I didn't think this purifying mask would tick off the boxes I had for brightening and hydration, but I was still a little eager to try it. Maybe I was attracted to the blue packaging (my favorite color), and the idea of a marine smelling mask. I noticed seaweed got good reviews from buyers. Unfortunately though, I hate this mask. Sure it smelt great (like a crisp sea breeze), but it did nothing for my skin. I noticed when I was using it there was an irritated feeling in my skin, and later when I was washing the stuff off I noticed my skin felt raw and almost burned in a way. The worst part is, despite using this my skin feels dry still, which totally misses the point of a sheet mask for me. I can say that this did leave my skin bright (about rice level) and matte if you're going for that look. I could recommend this to someone with fairly oily/problematic skin looking to clarify, but it fried my combination skin. I feel like I have to use another mask to hydrate my skin again. The most irritating and un-hydrating mask so far. Two thumbs down. 

10) Tomato  

I apologize in advance, I really dropped the ball on this one. I've been using masks a lot more often, and made the mistake of using this mask only 10 hours after I used a rice mask. I also used it at 8 a.m. on a Saturday because I couldn't sleep, and while I thought I would wake up more I ended up going back to bed not too long after. So I was about half conscious using it. This mask seemed on the thinner side and ripped easily, it smelt clean but a little bit like tomatos. I noticed the mask was a little slimy in texture and did not seem very watery for a water mask. I can't really say what it did for hydration level since I was already so hydrated, but I did not notice a brightening effect when I checked myself out in the mirror later. I want to say that I did not think this mask was anything special, but since this wasn't a 100% fair review, I'll keep my opinions restrained for the time being.

11) Wine 

I thought this mask might be more cleaning centered, but I found this to be really hydrating! The mask had a nice smell, like grape juice (red wine may be a stretch). I noticed the scent was pretty strong compared to other masks, so if strong scents bother you, you might want to avoid this one. The mask was extremely wet and watery, and actually reminded me of the aloe mask. It really hydrated my face, and afterwards my skin had a bright glow with pink in my cheeks. I looked like an angel. My skin has been looking healthy as fuck since I started using these masks almost everyday. One thing is, this mask is supposed to be for "pore care" but I noticed absolutely no difference with my pores :/. I don't believe it's really possible to "shrink" pores anyway (aside from temporarily) so I'm not worried about it for a $1 mask. I would repeat purchase this one for it's great hydration level and amazing smell. Actually, this is what I wanted the aloe mask to smell like since aloe drinks traditionally have a grape flavor.

**Masks Rated on Hydration/Moisture Level*: #1 Avocado(5/5), #2 Aloe(4/5), #3 Red Wine (4/5), #4 Rice(3/5), #5 Broccoli (3/5), #6 Lemon(2/5), #7 Pomegranate (2/5), #8 Makegeoli (2/5), #9 Tea Tree(1/5), #10 Seaweed (0/5)

Favorite Masks! : Rice, Broccoli, and Red Wine!


Still purchase worthy: Aloe, Lemon, and Tea Tree.

Masks I hated!: Avocado & Seaweed





Popular Posts