Freeman Beauty Honeydew & Chamomile Sleeping Mask Review

Okay so straight up, when I received this in my shantay super set I knew I wasn't going to be sleeping with this on. It contains like, 3 different types of oil & fragrance. I don't want that sitting on my skin 9 hours. For all you coconut oil junkies, rejoice! This mask has a ton of it.

So I decided to try Honeydew & Chamomile mask on a day my skin is at its most thirsty, satuuuurdaay. Because saturday is my decided super exofliation day where I use the pumpkin peeling mask that has lactic acid. So I started off my skin adventure with avocado & oatmeal mask to really clean up my skin after wearing makeup out wine tasting with my mom. After my face was clean & really refreshed I plopped on pumpkin peeling for 5 minutes getting off so much dead skin. Normally I would exfoliate before the mask, but with the pumpkin peeling it says to moisturize immediately afterwards, so after my pumpkin peeling went on the honeydew moisture mask...

So here she be. Out of all the freeman masks I was most excited to smell this one because I love I mean LOVE the smell and taste of honeydew melon. I don't know if you've ever smelt victoria's secret beauty rush honeydo, but ugh I was all over that. The mask was the color of a milky white lotion but went on clear. It was gentle and I applied everywhere, even my eyelids and lips. It felt greasy, like way too greasy. If you have dry skin you'll probably love this, but for my skin It's probably too much. Maybe my skin in January would like this better. I decided I would leave this on for an hour, and just see how it goes. Meanwhile I am popping honeydew melon candy and lighting up my melon magarita candle because this smell is driving me wild in a good way! It started off pretty acidic, smelling like a melon liquor, but as it settles it smells quite yummy after awhile. I do smell some of the chamomile but it's tame and soapy. It's mainly about the melon with the scent.

Supposedly, this stuff absorbs like a cream, but I got to tell you 1 hour later I had plenty sitting on my face still like a slick. Maybe I applied with too much, but it didn't seem like it. After washing my face still felt greasy, *sigh*. This stuff smells like melon paradise but I think it is just straight up too rich for my skin. It wasn't like the golden grain mask that is much lighter and rinses clean. I'm not totally sure if I really even need a moisturizing mask in my regimen, I kind of figure that's what moisturizer is for, and a mask is for a deep cleaning. This melon mask didn't even clean a little bit, I think it even clogged my pores a little with it's melony goodness. I'm gonna have to use a cleanser and just put on my oil free moisturizer in a little bit, just giving my skin a break from being rubbed around for the time being.

I am not even going to bother assigning a number score for a rating, because this product just wasn't meant for me. I didn't even use it how it was intended, I'm pretty sure I have the wrong skin type, and if it weren't for that shantay super set I wouldn't have even tried this. BUT I will keep my packet around for moisturizing my eye area before bed, maybe even the dry patch on my arm. I do love the way it smells, so who knows, maybe this melon mask will be in my future as an eye cream or hand cream haha. I hope they make the larger size so it becomes more affordable :).

Honeydew & Chamomile Sleeping Mask Travel Size photo

To wake up with dewy skin, you have to hydrate while you sleep! Our overnight sleeping mask with antioxidant-rich Honeydew and calming Chamomile is just the thing for rejuvenating skin. Deep moisturizing Coconut Oil makes rough skin a thing of the past, and Dimethicone dramatically smooths. Conditioning Jojoba Oil and moisture-binding Silk Amino Acids deeply nourish. Rinse upon waking to reveal well-rested skin that’s ready to face the day! Perfect for dehydrated skin.




Popular Posts