Freeman Beauty Chocolate & Strawberry Facial Clay Mask Review & Skin Update! 9.11

It's the very first few days of furnace weather here in MI, it was in the low 50's this morning and everyone was wearing jackets. With the change of weather my skin has became a little less oily, especially after using that lava clay mask yesterday while I was sitting in my basement with the space heater going. We've been getting a lot of rain so it's important to keep the basement dry.

Sure enough, while I was in the bathroom at work I noticed my skin starting to get a little dry, I'm getting a little bit of tightness around my cheeks and my foundation is starting to "grab" becoming darker in those dry patches than the rest of my face, which looks totally awful. The worst area was my neck which is the most dry. It occurred to me then and there when I was trying to figure out why the top third my neck was the most dry that I don't exfoliate there! It was a total dur-hoy moment, but I never exfoliate my upper neck! I cleanse that area, use mask, usually try to moisturize but I never exfoliate. Since I smudge my makeup down there, it should be treated like any other part of my face, so no duh it's dry. *facepalm*

So the day was finally upon me that I got to try my chocolate & strawberry mask! I was really excited to try this one, not only because it was scented like chocolate, but because I bought a big tube on sale lol. It was only $2.00 so I figured I didn't have much to lose, but realized if it didn't work for me well that would kind of suck.

Putting on this mask was hilarious. It is almost the color of my foundation, it's maybe just 1 shade darker. It basically looks like I have way, way too much makeup on and it felt really weird applying this mask! I had to blink a couple of times because it felt like it was morning again and I was putting on my makeup...horribly...like it was some kind of bad dream. I do not approve of this color, I think they should have gone out and made this mask dark brown colored or pink for strawberries, but this light tan foundation color is just totally horrible and not the color of chocolate lol. The smell is great! Yummy milk chocolate with just a hint of strawberry. It will make you dig through your house and eat chocolate though, just warning you. Applying it the goo felt a lot richer than the others I've used, it felt like it was almost a body cream. I could certainly tell that this was going to be a moisturizing mask for sure.

15 minutes and my mask is tighter than I thought it would be, leaving me hopeful that while the mask was conditioning my skin it was also pulling something and helping out my little bit of acne. While it was drying it cracked a little bit from me smiling but I never got the little pore circles that I see when I use lemon & mint, charcoal & black sugar mud mask, or the lava clay mask. The pull was not very much, it mostly just feels like it got all the surface oil, which is good enough and necessary for the mask to be moisturizing, I understand. Rinsing off the chocolate mask my skin felt nourished and soothed. Yesterday when I used the lava mask my face felt really dried out and uncomfortable when I washed it off, but for today the chocolate was just right and my face feels great. My skin is really soft too. I would rate the oil pull a 1.5 out of 5 (5 being the most), it feels really similar to the acai purifying mask, but this was richer in moisture and thicker.

Overall, I am pleased because this was exactly what I was going for. I think chocolate & strawberry will be a great go to clay mask for me when I need more hydration. This mask also is supposed to diminish appearance of large pores and I do notice that some of my black heads got a little smaller, although that's pretty typical with any clay mask. It moisturized my skin while cleaning, and it does not leave me feeling slimy or disgusting. It did seem to "tone" my face a little or brighten it in some sense. I can't explain how but my face felt and looked very balanced after using this mask the morning after.

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Chocolate & Strawberry Facial Clay Mask photo
This indulgent mask does more than tantalize your taste buds! Tone skin and diminish the appearance of large pores with oil-absorbing clays. Delight in delectable Chocolate and Strawberry while Shea and Cocoa Butter moisturize for smoother, softer skin. Perfect for normal to dry skin.
  

Popular Posts