Freeman Beauty Cinnamon & Moroccan Lava Clay Mask Review

Today was a sweaty hell! Rant: I got horrible sleep last night because it's been hot & muggy as balls. My alarm didn't go off this morning so I was running late trying to meet up early with my friends to go to ren fest. I didn't get a proper breakfast, in fact I just ate overpriced crap that made me feel sick at the fair. I sweated like a pig, and not the "oh, my forehead is wet" thing, I am talking wet boobs. I am just totally sick of the renaissance festival! Every year someone talks me into going and I usually regret it, I've been there so many damn times and nothing ever changes! I've decided I can't go again for at least 5 years, I am serious. Absolutely dead serious.



Okay, so when my day was over, I came home with my face feeling totally disgusting! God! I was so happy to be home! I will never leave my house again, jk kind of. After my bubble bath and three glasses of water, I thought of which mask to use, and thought maybe dead sea stress relief, but that stuff is watery and what I really needed was a really deep cleaning. Lava & Clay is for oily and acne prone skin. It has a lot of tea tree oil listed in the ingredients.

I like to try and guess the mask color & scent before I open it, but this was a total surprise. The mask is a bright white with a thick consistency and the scent actually horribly reminds me of the renaissance fair I just left. I thought it would smell like sweet cinnamon, or maybe sweet star anise & cinnamon. But, honestly what I am smelling is very earthy and hard to describe. If you've smelt the mask before you would understand, but if you haven't all I can say is that it's bitter, earthy, and very a-typical of freeman beauty products. Maybe some kind of combination of tea tree oil, cinnamon, and star anise? It's not bad but definitely not what I was in the mood for. So terrible timing of the product smell aside...(I'll just let go of it smelling like the ren fest for now).

About 10 minutes in I could feel my face feeling quite tight like the freeman lemon & mint mask. I wanted to cheer, because I know that this mask must be really pulling all that nasty stuff out. Performance wise, this really was remarkably similar to lemon & mint mask. I do not have any fresh or new acne on my face, but I feel like this mask would be good to use when you have a breakout that is less than 24 hours old since it's got tea tree & aspirin to combat infection. I didn't find it as soothing as lemon & mint, which leaves my skin less red and more calm.

I think lemon & mint and cinnamon & moroccan masks could pretty much be sisters, they have a ton of similarities performance wise with both being targeted for oily/acne prone skin. They both have a very strong pull on oil (5 out of 5), leave my skin feeling about equally dry, and clean. I feel like deciding between the two depends on what type of acne you get. If you get acne like white heads a lot I think cinnamon & moroccan mask will be more up your alley because it treats infection fast. However, if you are like me and get cystic type acne I think mint & lemon is more up your alley because it helps counteract inflammation and is more soothing while it dries up oil to prevent future break outs. The scents of the two masks are day and night too, if you want something really herbal check out the moroccan, but if you like fresh n' clean go for lemon & mint!

This mask ain't nothing to sneeze at, but it is very close to lemon & mint, and I just prefer lemon & mint!

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Cinnamon & Moroccan Lava Clay Mask Travel Size photo

Super-fine Moroccan Lava clay mask works in two ways: First, by getting deep down into pores to purify and absorb excess oils, then, by soothing aggravation caused by unbalanced, stressed and breakout prone skin. Salicylic Acid naturally exfoliates, helping to minimize breakouts caused by clogged pores. Aromatic Cinnamon helps counteract breakouts and balance skin, as Tea Tree Oil helps restore and soothe skin. Perfect for breakout prone and oily skin.




Popular Posts