Peter Thomas Roth 40% Triple Acid Peel Honest Review

This spring I decided to drop $88 for the 12 ampule 40% Tripe Acid Peel by Peter Thomas Roth. The shipping was free from Sephora, and I also got some deluxe samples which was cool. I read a lot of reviews before purchasing, so it wasn't like it was a spontaneous decision. I had a lot of trouble with cystic acne several years ago. I knew that there was pretty much no hope a gentle over the counter product (aside from super strong acid peels and needles) would get rid of the rolling scars I had. However, I did have the expectation that it would help fade the scars faster than nature would (we are talking years).

Well I have been using the ampules for months now. I actually split them in a half since 1 ampule is enough to cover my face almost 3 times. I use the product once a week (as instructed) on Wednesdays. If I'm opening a new ampule I just put the rest in a plastic baggy to use the following week. Reading other reviews other people said that they did that, I know some would be skeptical the chemical aren't as effective but I noticed no difference. 24 uses total meant I had about 5 or so months of product. And honestly it took about 2 months to notice any difference. I am on the home stretch now...I just have 1 and a half ampule left. Using it was pretty simple. In the reviews I read people tended to keep the product on a lot longer than 2 minutes, I decided to go with 20. The product burns a little if you have a pimple and stings just a bit the first few minutes or so, but it's really not bad. It didn't irritate or burn my skin. Try not to get it on your lips though, it tastes seriously awful. I did not use the pads as people said they just wasted product. I used them for removing nail polish instead, they did work wonderfully.

While I definitely can agree this is a long term product, I can agree it works. It improved the brightness and eveness of my skin tone. Another bonus was that it helped stave away little pimples and did a nice job exfoliating. The marks faded about 50% faster than with no product. I also had a surgical scar on the side of my chin that got lighter with use. I can admit I haven't used any products like this before so I have nothing to compare it too, but I didn't really see this product was a waste of money given how expensive it is. It did what it claimed. I would recommend this as a solid product for fading scars.

Popular Posts