Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 Day Cream for Dry AND Normal/combination Skin Honest Review

With an affinity for the French and a need of finding some go to face products on a budget I turned to Yves Rocher. Their website divides products for anti-aging by age group, which was super convenient for me, as I'm 25 I just picked their 25+ collection! They were offering a deal (sadly I don't see it on their website anymore) where you can get 3 day creams for normal/combination skin for a reduced price in a cool refillable packaging that helps save the environment. I decided to go with that.

Ok, so they screwed up my order. Instead of sending me 3 normal/combination day creams they sent me 1 day cream for DRY skin and 2 for normal/combination. I used almost all my product before I read the bottom of my jar and noticed they screwed up. But now on the bright side, I have two creams to review for you!

First up as a disclaimer, I did not use these as day creams. I use a moisturizer with sunscreen during the day (garnier sun shield) so I did use them as night creams.

The day cream for dry skin has a creamy very rich texture. It almost reminded me of something infused with shea butter. It felt very good after using a clay mask, but overall it was a bit rich for my skin. I got the occasional tiny pimple on my chin in the morning and felt like a lot got on my pillow case since it didn't really absorb well for me. Actually, this would have been great if I used this in the winter, but stupid me was using it in the summer cause I had no idea that this was for DRY skin haha. The smell is vague, gentle, and good. Some super nondescript fresh slight earthy smell. You'd hardly notice it if you weren't thinking of it, it's very light. Overall I liked it, but again it was a bit too rich for my skin. I would buy it only for winter.

The day cream for normal/combination is definitely different. It's extremely light, the texture of the cream is bouncy and firm. When I touch the cream it seems to pick up almost no product. When I spread it on it feels very watery like a serum and it absorbs quickly. It's fall now, and I've been using it a couple of weeks. Again, ironically this would have been better for the summer. This cream causes a lot less disturbances for my skin, with less breakouts and it doesn't make a mess on the pillow case. I'm not entirely satisfied that it's quite rich enough for fall/spring though. I think when winter comes around it definitely won't be enough for the job. Actually, I don't think I would ever buy this again...it's just too light. Someone with oily skin might absolutely love this. Again I decided to use the day cream as a night cream...so maybe night cream for normal/combination would be best after all. The smells is the same as the dry skin cream for day.

I hesitated to get night cream because it didn't have a special deal and I was worried it'd be too rich.

Youth Energy Day Care - Dry Skin

Popular Posts