Freeman Beauty Blackberry Gel Cleanser Review

Finally, after two products I had been excited to try for awhile that totally bombed for me I tried one I absolutely love! Blackberry Gel is a lot more similar to the discontinued pear refining cleanser I loved so much. The consistency is very watery and thin. I am surprised they didn't thicken it up, because a major criticism with pear refining was that people found it too watery. This is just as watery if not even more so.

The liquid is a clear light pinky purple. The smell is nice, but not great. It smells like blackberry hard candies, not like a fresh ripe blackberry. I though the smell of the pear refining cleanser was amazing. I do really like the formulation of the blackberry gel cleanser. It is just a little bit harder to work with then the pear refining because it doesn't foam up at all. The pear one foamed just a little. I was still able to very effectively remove makeup with my usual double wash nightime routine. (One cleanser application to remove makeup and rinse. Then one application to clean bare skin and rinse). Unlike the pear cleanser which was formulated for combo/oily skin, blackberry is for all skin types. I could really see that in the formula, it didn't strip my skin like pear did and my skin feels so soft.

I used pear refining at night only and sometimes needed a moisturizer afterwards. With blackberry it's gentle enough to use morning and night, which is novelty for me since I am used to having to pick between a more stripping cleanser and one that is more moisturizing. This strikes a perfect balance for my combination skin. I also love the anti-acne properties in this wash, yet it isn't stripping and is very gentle on my skin.

This will be a serial repurchase for me. I wouldn't be surprised if I went through 30 bottles of this before freeman beauty sadly discontinues it like it does with most things...

Popular Posts