Nature's Garden Ice Capade Fragrance Oil Review

In theory, it could have gotten really interesting. A mint & lemon top, a butter cream frosting middle, and a base of menthol and vanilla. I wanted Ice Capade to take me on a trip!

Mouthwash.

The beginning mouthwash, the middle mouthwash, the end vanilla mouthwash. I think I got a whiff of phantom butter cream frosting somewhere around the 9 hour mark. Which seems strange since middle notes generally don't last that long, esp. if you could hardly notice them before. I barely got any lemon, maybe the mouthwash smelt a little more fresh when I first put it on, err I think. Maybe not really. Actually, not really...it just smelt like mouthwash. This perfume oil is great if...you like mouthwash.

But seriously, I was disappointed. It's not like it smells bad, it just smells like artificial mint, and STRONG. The menthol in the base has a cool feel on my skin that was kind of refreshing in August, although I'm not sure how I'd feel about it in January. I couldn't help but feel self conscious this morning as I radiated a chemical plume of mouthwash smell out in public, my coworkers were probably wondering "what the hell, did she roll in crest?"

Okay, so I've ragged on this oil pretty hard. I just want to say that really it's not completely horrible. I like artificial mint in the right time and place, it was just probably a disgusting idea to try and wear this as a perfume. The oil lasted a good 10 hours performing quite well, it projects, it has decent silage. Since this is a multipurpose oil, I would like to make it into a soap for the shower or a salt scrub. I also own vanilla oil and white chocolate oil that I think would be fun to mix with Ice Capade to make a yummy peppermint bark kind of smell.

My Rating: 2/5 Stars (low score mainly reflecting my taste in the fragrance, performance wise it worked quite well)

Ice Capade Fragrance Oil

This fragrance oil by Natures Garden is refreshing and calm.  Ice capade fragrance begins with top notes of lemon, peppermint, and spearmint; a warm middle note of buttercream; and base notes of vanilla and menthol.

Popular Posts