Nature's Garden Blue Sugar for Men Fragrance Oil Review

This smells awesome, although I'm not sure if it's fair to call something a Blue Sugar dupe when it has no licorice or anise note. I feel that needed to be addressed immediately if you were searching for something more approximate, because in my haste when I bought a sample of this I didn't even bother to check the notes for accuracy. This fragrance oil smells in a similar vein to blue sugar, but I'm not sure if it's really fair to call it a dupe.

Blue Sugar smells like slightly citrusy, super sugary cedarwood. It's pretty damn cozy actually. There was tiny hints of lavender, tonka, and green notes. Although I had to look at the notes and think about it before I really noticed them there. The fragrance cocooned me in warmth and woody sweetness. The oil itself is made in a lot poorer quality that many of it's Nature's Garden fragrance oil cousins. I'm used to things projecting & lasting a long time with them, but little boy blue here was a bit of a quit-er. I got about 5 hours until it was obviously time to touch up, the scent stayed closer to my skin than what I was used to. That's not really a problem for me, esp. since I'm trying to more conscious about drowning people in my scents, but I don't like having to use more product to achieve affects I usually get with much less product.

Overall, dupe accuracy issues, and performance issues aside...I love blue sugar. I want a big ol' 2 ounce of this for my collection, because it screams cozy to me and I like having something more woody around for a change. If you like the idea of super sugared cedar give him a try! Maybe I'm just in the mood for fall, but I bet this would be perfect for sweater weather!

P.S I had NO idea this had patchouli in it. If you hate patch, I don't think you need to worry.

My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars



Fresh citrus creates a shimmering lift for this sensual vanilla based scent. Floral at the heart of the fragrance intertwines with fresh green tones and rich patchouli. The vanilla signature at the base of the scent is balanced with soft musk and warmed by exotic woody tones for lingering sensuality. Compare to Blue Sugar for Men by Aquolina.

Popular Posts