Freeman Beauty Pumpkin Peeling Mask (Thoughts & Trial) Review

I was very, very excited to try the pumpkin mask by freeman! It's a lactic acid mask, and I have read about the benefits of lactic acid resurfacing your skin. To be straight, I don't expect a miracle, I know how hard acne scars are too remove, and if this mask didn't remove anything I wouldn't be too disappointed. If anything, I just expect this mask to be one hell of an exfoliant which is so important for preventing new acne for me. Oh, there is also glycolic acid in here too, but a lot less of it than lactic. There's also a shit ton of fruit extracts as usual, glorious freeman keeping things really natural which you would never expect at it's price.

I have two of the travel sized pumpkin mask packs from freeman, I'm so glad they gave me a free extra one with my last order because I have been more excited to try this product than a lot of others. There are a lot of warnings on this product and very explicit instructions, the first one I am noting that they say not to wear this mask more than 7 minutes. I usually do not follow time rules, I like to wear masks that say 5-10 minutes 15 minutes a lot of times. Heck I wear their cucumber peel mask 25 minutes because it's a lot easier to remove. But with this one I took the time rule very strict, I left it on exactly 6 minutes watching a clock, figuring I spent a minute putting it on.

Applying the mask was easy, it's a gel. It's not a peel-off mask which I think is important for people to know, because I thought it was going to be a peel off mask like cucumber peel, but it's a wash off mask. The gel is thin and watery, much like my golden grain mask. There are little pieces of walnut, just sprinkles here and there. I don't think they really serve a purpose, more decorative I guess. The directions say not to massage in the mask. The gel is a burnt orange color, close to the color of pumpkin. It smells like pumpkin spice, I quite like the smell. It reminds me of sweet cinnamon pumpkin by bath and bodyworks a little bit.

The 6 minutes sailed by as my face felt warm and sizzly like I had a little bit of a burning sensation but it wasn't painful. It's different than a prickly "irritated" feeling that I hate where it just feels like certain spots of my skin are getting prickled at and I feel like my acne is getting flared up. The pumpkin mask kind of slight burning feeling was uniform and much more tolerable. When I went to the bathroom I was surprised to see how pink my face was! At first I thought maybe it was just the orange gel, but when I washed it off it looked like I had a slight sunburn! I followed the directions by immediately applying moisturizer afterwards.

It's been 20 minutes since my mask has came off and my face is no longer pink. I feel like that mask took off all my dead skin, and it's very nice. My overall impression is 5/5 but I feel like for a product this strong, I should wait to use it a couple more times to watch for irritation and long term results. I will be reporting back next month probably, I plan on using it every saturday for now on, once a week. I have a good feeling about it though!

Update (9/22): Okay so I am ready to leave my rating. Pumpkin peel has been a great exfoliant I love having in my weekly routine! I have not run into any problems using the product once a week. My scars have not magically disappeared or lightened up significantly, but I am hoping maybe after a year of just my really "into it" skin care I will notice some lightning.

My Rating: 4/5 Stars
Pumpkin Peeling Mask Travel Size photo
Our fast-acting 7-minute peel with highly active enzymes and Alpha Hydroxy Acids reveals sensationally toned skin that’s smoother and brighter than ever before. Natural Pumpkin, Papaya and Pineapple exfoliants gently but effectively resurface and rejuvenate to make lackluster skin a thing of the past. Lactic and Glycolic Acids simultaneously exfoliate, hydrate, and brighten without over stimulating skin. Perfect for all skin types.

Popular Posts