Freeman Beauty Star Fruit Purifying Facial Paper Mask Review

I decided to use this mask after coming home from an eventful saturday afternoon where our car broke down in the middle of the dirtiest of dirt roads. I came home with my hair and face coated in dust. The mask read "Breakouts? Irritation? Skin needs serious soothing. " And I thought, perfect.

Opening the mask there was a lot of extra serum and the mask was very, very wet. Way more wet than the coffee & chai eye mask. The mask was dripping even, and was very hard to unfold, I actually spent 7 minutes with it on before realizing that I could unfold the cheek part more. The mask smelt okay, not the worst, not the best. It did smell a little bit like star fruit. The fit on my face was extremely awkward, they put the eye holes VERY close together, so unless you have really close set eyes you won't be able to see out of the holes very well. They also just straight up shaped the eyeholes weird, instead of making them wide horizontally like normal, they made them wide vertically! I'm white, and I don't care what nationality you are, nobodies eyes are shaped like this ---->  0___0. I don't get it! Their eyemask had a great fit, why would they change their eyeholes? The nose band was super narrow & I swear I don't have a big or wide nose. The weird strip for under the nose before the mouth was such a bad fit I had to tear it. The mask missed a lot of area on my cheeks, even after I figured the mask out completely and unfolded the mask as much as it could.

I kept the mask on the solid 10 minutes. My face felt prickly during it and not in the "oh this mask is working" but in the "I think my skin doesn't like this" way. When I was done I balled up the mask and rubbed the serum in the places the paper mask didn't reach. I waited an additional 50 minutes letting the serum sit on my skin and soak up. The irritation feeling went away about 25 minutes later, I'm not sure why. Maybe the ingredients became more inactive. After a total of 1 hour of this serum on my skin I rinsed with water just to get off anything that was sitting on top of my skin. This mask does contain lavender & tea tree oil so I don't want anything clogging my pores.

I have used paper masks before a couple of time, products I have bought from a Korean store. I can't recall the names. My experiences with this paper mask vs. the others though is negative. I didn't enjoy my experience with the star fruit paper mask, and now 30 minutes after I rinsed the last bits off I do not feel refreshed or notice any worthwhile positive differences in my skin. My skin does not feel soothed at all, it does feel cleaner, but "gee wow" pretty much any face mask or cleanser can do that. Infact, my face might just feel cleaner because I washed my face before putting this mask on. At the very least my acne has not flared up despite that "irritated" feeling. My face feels clean and nice now, but nothing note worthy.

I'll be sure to report back if I think this mask does something amazing to clear up my acne, but I'm not expecting much. I have 2 more paper masks to try from freeman beauty, but not really looking forward to them so much after this experience.

My Rating: 1.5/5 Stars

Star Fruit Purifying Facial Paper Mask photo
Breakouts? Irritation? Skin needs serious soothing. This serum-infused paper facial mask with Star Fruit helps calm skin stressed by flare-ups. Lavender and Niacinamide help balance oil production. Tea Tree soothes breakout-stressed skin. Witch Hazel refreshes and minimizes the appearance of pores. Lift the paper and press serum into skin to prep for moisturizer and prime for make-up. Perfect for combination to oily skin types.

Popular Posts