Freeman Beauty Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask Review

One of freeman's most popular masks, many peoples first question is "will it stain my face black?!" I am here to first off say, and I repeat, nooo. This hideous grainy black goop is a treasure chest of wonderful skin purifying ingredients. With sugar and activated charcoal listed at the very top you can be sure freeman isn't skimping out. As usual there are a plethora of fruit extracts, the list goes on and on. The biggest two are banana & ginger however. I keep seeing ginger a lot in their products, got to say I really like it.

Okay so to just get it off to a clear start, I want to just say that I like EVERYTHING about this mask except one thing, the size of the sugar granules. The black goopy paste that the sugar granules are suspended in is wonderful! It cleans my skin pore deep, pushing out gunk and leaving this lovely warm feeling. If I were to rate the oil pull of this mask on a scale of 1 to 5 (5 is most pull) I would give it a 3. But those sugar granules, dude. They are enormous. So that not only makes this product VERY difficult to apply it's also pretty harsh. Putting it on is like globing on a chunky crumbly paste, pieces go flying off, the application is hard to make even, and it's not smooth at all. The application is not at all relaxing and can even be frustrating. The smell of the product is pretty nice, it smells like super sweet raspberries. I can't go and do things while I wait for my mask to dry because it sometimes starts melting and runs into my eyes. This is the kind of mask that once you have on you should just lie down.

I love how clean this mask makes my skin but the sugar just created some big problems for me. My  esthetician encouraged me to stop using it because I started having old acne marks that were trying to heal themselves get inflamed by using this mask. I do like this mask, so I was motivated to be able to work something out in order to keep using my product up, but I had to do quite a bit of tweaking to make my skin work with this product and avoid inflammation. For one thing I absolutely do not rub or scrub with this mask, especially when it's first applied. I just use two fingers to spread this goop on wet skin as gently as possible. After my 10 minutes are up, I use a wet towel to very gently rinse it off. My skin feels very clean & it helps clear up black heads, but honestly I'm not even sure if there is much exfoliating going on with this method. Still it is the only way I can use this product without getting inflamed. I am not sure how long I will keep this product in my routine, I feel on the fence about it. I can't use it as an exfoliant but it IS good for black heads. (It helps shrink the size of them) I am currently using it only 1 or 2 times a month.

My Rating: 3/5 Stars

 Charcoal & Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask  photo
Pollution…debris…it's a wonder skin can breathe! This unique mask and scrub works double time to detox skin. First, naturally purifying Activated Charcoal helps absorb oil and impurities without over-drying. Then, Black Sugar helps exfoliate away dulling skin cells for softness and clarity. Perfect for all skin types.

Directions: Apply mask to face and neck, avoiding contact with eyes. Leave on for 5 to 7 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Use 2 times a week or as often as needed.

Popular Posts