Freeman Beauty *New* Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask

Freeman is really on a roll with me, it's another new product I am frankly blown away with. I like it much better than the gritty Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask. I think the two tubes I have left of that gritty stuff are going to find a new home in the shower...I can't even think about going back to the grainy mask after this.

Unlike her older sister, black sugar mud mask is velvety smooth & super easy to apply. The mask is a dark grey colored goop with the same scent (like sugary raspberries) as the original black sugar polish mask, but I think the scent is a little bit weaker. I kept this mask on for 20 minutes letting it dry completely. When I went to the mirror after it had dried the clay mask had turned a lighter grey with a strange hint of blue cast. Not that it's important, I just have a short attention span. I saw more pores than I ever saw with a mask, it even out did Lemon & Mint. I feel like it really cleaned EVERYTHING, I had clean oil emptied pores on my foreheads, cheeks, nose, chin, just anything that mask touched.

This mask is meant to be moisturizing, but honestly I don't feel like my face is hydrated at all. I didn't have big hopes that this mask would be hydrating as moisture is a low priority for me, but for those who want it and expect it to moisturize...well you might be disappointed. Even 30 minutes after removing the mask my face feels tight with dryness. The other effect this mask brags to have is to smooth your skin, and I can vouch for that. My face feels very soft and even, almost like I just used an exfoliant. I feel like the oil pull of this mask is about a 4 out of 5 (with 5 being the most pull). It is pretty heavy duty, but doesn't suck me so dry I can barely move my face when it's dry like lemon & mint. This mask isn't as kind to acne as I hoped, not that it does anything bad to it, but it doesn't dry up acne & sooth redness & irritation the way lemon & mint does.

I am happy to welcome charcoal & black sugar mask as my black head mercenary & wonderful deep pore cleanser. I am kicking black sugar polishing mask off the team as it's not gentle enough exfoliating my skin and I much prefer the diamond rinse mask. Still, charcoal & black sugar lacks the ability to help acne like lemon & mint. Yet, lemon & mint doesn't really remove black heads the way charcoal & black sugar does. So I am planning on keeping both of them around to be my tag team. Hope the charcoal & black sugar mask comes out in the tube soon!!!

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask photo
This velvety, jet-black mud mask works like magic to moisturize, remineralize, and make skin sensationally soft! Skin-loving minerals collected from the Dead Sea have a natural nourishing effect that boosts smoothness and overall skin health. Activated Charcoal locks onto oils & toxins, then gently lifts them away without over-drying or disturbing skin. Black Sugar helps skin hold on to hydration, which helps smooth out roughness and fine lines. Perfect for normal to combination skin.

Directions: Cleanse with warm water to help open up the pores. Apply the mask evenly over skin. Be careful around the eyes, nose and mouth. Let the mask penetrate for 5-10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly. Pat skin dry. 


Popular Posts