Crafter's Choice Pistachio Macaroon Fragrance Oil Review

A combination of pistachio, amaretto, and buttery cookies this somehow ends up smelling a little bit like baklava on me hours after I've put it on. But, before then (my favorite part) I get that scream of sugared pistachio I have been craving for such a long time. If you are a pistachio fragrance lover, you know that good pistachio scents are few and far between. A common problem with pistachio is that the note is often weak and very short lived.

The amaretto is a good match for pistachio, something about that notes seems to bring out a good performance, the two notes building off from each other and blending quite nicely. Eventually the amaretto over powers the pistachio. The change over the day was subtle however; the first few hours pistachio was stronger. The buttery cookie note blends right in with the amaretto in my imagination. I can't pick up a "butter" smell, although the amaretto to me smells warm, toasty, and cookie like. You won't have to worry about a plastic or gross smelling butter note though. The fragrance oil lasts 12 hours, with very strong projection the first few hours settling down to something more subtle that projects about a foot.

I like layering pistachio macaron with laura mercier creme de piastache body butter, the two work very nicely together. I did not like laura mercier creme de pistache EDT because it ended up smelling confused and a little gross with all the notes thrown in there. The body butter on the other hand you get more of a pistachio, honey, and almond which add to this baklava smell I get when layering it with pistachio macaron fragrance oil.

Note: Technically this scent captures a "macaron" and not a "macaroon" which are two different desserts.

My Rating: 5/5 Stars



Super sweet and nutty, this macaroon is yummy enough to eat. Notes of sugared pistachio and amaretto blended with warm, buttery cookies.

Popular Posts