Freeman Beauty Pink Grapefruit Facial Exfoliating Scrub Review

This is a perfect everyday scrub for me! I didn't see it coming with Charcoal & Black Sugar being so chunky, I figured their grapefruit scrub would be way too rough for my skin. Feeling my packet though, I was surprised with all the squish I was feeling, I actually started wondering if it had any exfoliating beads at all. Opening the packet the goo was a light pink and had the teeniest tiniest little microbeads I've ever seen. They were not the blue ball things you see in scrubs at the grocery store. I'm not even sure if they were circular, they were just white little fragments, I could barely see them without a magnifying glass. I loved the way this pink grapefruit stuff smells. I have neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash, but I think freeman smells a lot better. It's sweeter and brighter somehow, looking at the ingredients I think it may be the orange blossom extract and lemon extract with the grapefruit extract giving it such an awesome smell.

Comparing it to Freeman Beauty Pineapple Enzyme mask that I currently use to exfoliate I like the Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub better. I couldn't tell that it was any less exfoliating than the pineapple mask and I've used the pink grapefruit scrub 2 days in a row paying attention for any signs and touching carefully for areas that might be getting neglected. I think the pineapple mask is still pretty cool for doing such an even job, I'm not sure if manual scrub beads could ever beat enzymes for exfoliating everything evenly on a mircoscopic level, but I think pink grapefruit does a good enough job for the human eye to not be able to see a difference.

The real merit to the grapefruit scrub over the pineapple mask is I feel like the grapefruit scrub left my skin SUPER clean. It was like washing my face for a 3rd time, and getting a really nice deep clean with those beads. The pineapple mask just doesn't leave me feeling that clean, I mean my face doesn't feel dirty, but it's not as good as the grapefruit. My acne seems to behave better with pink grapefruit scrub than pineapple mask. I think having the enzymes sit on my skin for 10 mins is a bit more irritating than this ultra gentle manual scrub. Another thing, my skin is seriously in love with aloe vera. Anything with lots of aloe vera is very non irritating to my skin. Aloe is the 3rd ingredient listed in here, so there is lots! It might just be timing, but some of my acne has decreased and begun healing after switching to this scrub.

So overall, the final verdict is that I want to incorporate Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating Scrub into my daily regimen. I do have my pineapple stuff to use up first, I have about half of my tube left. I feel like with this great daily scrub I wouldn't really need the diamond rinse mask anymore for exfoliating purposes. The diamond rinse mask is awesome though! But so is this scrub! But I would like to keep my exfoliating separate from my masks from now on, because it is way easier for me to manage.

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Pink Grapefruit Facial Exfoliating Scrub photo

This non-abrasive scrub with Pink Grapefruit bursts onto skin, sloughing off dead skin cells that make skin look dull. Massage gentle Microbeads over face and neck for a revitalizing, deep-cleaning exfoliation session that promotes healthy cell renewal. Perfect for all skin types.

Popular Posts