Skin Care Details & Current Regimen 8.20

Hey Guys!

Since I review products on my blog related to skin care, I think it's important for you to know my skin type and history so you can have a good idea how similar our skin care needs are. Hopefully, by comparing and contrasting our skin types you can get a better idea of what products would work well for you.

I have oily-combination skin in the warmer months and combo w/ dry spots in the colder months. My skin is acne prone & very sensitive! I have started going frequently to see esties at a beauty school partnered with dermatologica. I really enjoy facials and I am learning a lot from them. I invest a lot of time & money into skin care because it's important to me and nothing I take lightly. My acne is hormonal in nature, I break out around my cheeks, jaw line, and under my chin as you would expect with hormonal acne. My best treatment is birth control, but I'm sick of living on the pill!

I am trying to find the best products for me, and freeman beauty has so far been very promising. I have recently got my first moisturizer from Simple (rich moisture yet oil free) and I love it! I hate lotion on my face but this feels like a serum. I have just started wearing it to bed, and I hope to see it help reduce my oil. My estie says that I really, really need to start moisturizing to help my oil production lessen, so hopefully I see a difference soon, I am happy to listen honestly. If that's really the case I think it was time for me to start moisturizing, for real.

Exfoliation is important for me, my estie wants me to do it every other day. Things like Charcoal & Black Sugar are too harsh for my skin and cause inflammation, so instead I use Pineapple Enzyme Mask which uses AHA's to exfoliate and is much gentler. I can use a more "harsh" scrub once a week so say's estie, but deff. nothing as crazy as Charcoal & Black Sugar. She say's the Diamond Rinse Mask should be fine as long as I make sure to massage very lightly.

For masks I am still learning my needs and balance so I am playing it by ear. Which ever one I use depends on how oily I feel and what my mood is. I need to experiment more to figure out my needs, and my needs might change seasonally. This is what I am working on right now the most. So far I most like Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask and Lemon & Mint Mask. I also like Cucumber Peel Mask for days when I don't feel like I need to use something as strong. I have not found a hydrating face mask for winter that I like yet. The Golden Grain mask is okay for moisture but it doesn't clean enough, I decided I won't repurchase it.

To cleanse I am also trying to figure out the right products for me, I recently tried neutrogena oil free cleanser. I really liked the green one with aloe but am not as found of the pink grapefruit one. The green one seemed to be soothing on my skin, and the pink one while it's not bad doesn't soothe like the aloe one. The downside to these cleanser's is that I use a total of four pumps everytime I wash my face (morning & night) because I wash twice (once for makeup, another for oil & bacteria) and a little does NOT go a long way. 2 pumps to get rid of makeup, 2 pumps to clean. Yowza. I am really interested in the freeman beauty pear refining cleanser that has all kinds of goodies in it. Meanwhile though I have some products to try, I bought Neutrogena extra gentle wash, clearsil hydrating sensitive wash (for the winter), and clearsil sensitive wash.

As far as makeup goes I prefer liquid because I can make sure I have clean hands everytime. I do not like using a makeup brush because they cross contaminate way too easily. I use Neutrogena Acne Prone liquid foundation and MAC pro long lasting concealer. I have Skin79 bb cream I sometimes wear for short trips or days, I don't like it nearly as much as Neutrogena and won't buy anymore. I think it might have oil in it or something too clogging for me, so it's a quick trip in the evening only before I remove it. I have a tarte amazonian clay blush & bronzer I like, but rarely wear because of acne marks on my cheeks that I don't want to bring attention to.

I'm not sure who you are or what skin concerns you have, but whoever and whatever. I feel ya bro.







Popular Posts